Ends of the Earth: Land Art to 1974, curated by Philipp Kaiser and Miwon Kwon, opens next week at the Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles.
Julian’s essay “Earth Beneath Detroit” appears in the catalogue, alongside writing by Tom Holert, our friends Jane McFadden and Emily Scott, and historical reflections by Germano Celant, Willoughby Sharp, Virginia Dwan, Seth Siegelaub, and Yona Fischer.
The cover image is from Ed Ruscha’s Royal Road Test, 1967.
The catalogue looks stunning—and even for a scholar of earthworks many of these images are new. We’re very much looking forward to digging in further.
- forwardretreat likes this
- butyesterdayyousaidtomorrow likes this
- amanda--lucia likes this
- lajetee reblogged this from lormiguel
- lormiguel reblogged this from grupaok
- madhy likes this
- more2fermin reblogged this from grupaok
- minimini67 reblogged this from grupaok
- robysaavedra likes this
- rohmanticize reblogged this from grupaok
- rohmanticize likes this
- grupaok posted this